CORTEN STEEL CAN BE SUPPLIED ACCORDING TO FOLLOWING STANDARD & SPECIFICATIONS :
- CORTEN A, CORTENA, CORTEN A, CORTEN-A, CORTEN A
- CORTEN B, CORTENB, CORTEN B, CORTEN-B, CORTEN B
- ASTM A588 Grade A, ASTM A 588 Grade-A, ASTM A-588 Grade A
- ASTM A588 Grade B, ASTM A 588 Grade-B, ASTM A-588 Grade B
- ASTM A588 Grade C, ASTM A 588 Grade-C, ASTM A-588 Grade C
- ASTM A242 Type 1, ASTM A242 Type-1, ASTM A-242 Type 1
- S355JOWP EN 10025-5, S355JOWP EN10025-5, S355 JOWP EN-10025-5
- S355JOWP+N EN 10025-5, S355JOWP+N EN10025-5, S355 JOWP+N EN-10025-5
- S355J2W EN 10025-5, S355J2W EN10025-5, S355 J2W EN-10025-5
- S355J2W+N EN 10025-5, S355J2W+N EN10025-5, S355 J2W+N EN-10025-5
- S355J2G1W EN 10155, S355J2G1W EN10155, S355 J2G1W EN-10155
- S355K2G1W EN 10155, S355K2G1W EN10155, S355 K2G1W EN-10155
- S355J2G2W EN 10155, S355J2G2W EN10155, S355 J2G2W EN-10155
- S355K2G2W EN 10155, S355J2G2W EN10155, S355 K2G2W EN-10155
- SAILCOR IRSM 41, IRSM 41, IRSM 41 FOR RAILWAY WAGON & CONTAINERS
What is Corten Steel?
CORTEN Steel is basically weather & atmosphere resistant steel which doesnt get rusted but rather develops a thin layer of rust on the exterior to prevent it from further rusting of the material and thus the material getting “pitted”.
Other names of Corten Steel are IRSM 41, this is heavily used in Railways and its applications because of its non rusting properties. The chemical properties of this material is as such that the steel will not get rust and the strength will remain intact. Railway wagons & transport containers have to remain outside in the atmosphere for months and thus they need such material that the doesnt corrode and deter. Use of normal steel is discouraged as it will get eaten up by the rust and the strength will go down thus resulting in calamities.
Steel is rusted when it gets in contact with water (H2O) in presence of Oxygen (O2). When all these are present rust is formed on the material after which it is left not suitable for use. The properties of Corten Steel are as such that the rust will never get to this material and the strength remains intact, no matter how bad the weather is.
Chemical Properties of Corten Steel
|CORTEN A, ASTM 588 GR.A, ASTM 242 TYPE-1, JISG 3125 SPA-H, IRSM 41-97 Weather & Corrosion Resistant Steel Mechanical Properties|
|We can supply : Thickness from 0.5 mm to 100mm
Width : from 750mm to 3000mm
Length : upto 12,000mm
Corten Steel for Architectural Purposes
Nowadays, Corten steel is highly used in architectural purposes. More and more architects, interior designers are using Corten for Exterior Cladding in Buildings, Malls, Stadiums and also artwork in parks, museums, gardens, etc because of its thin rust developing property on the exterior.
The rust developed on the outside gives a very ancient, rusty look and feel to the whole architecture. It is opted by a lot of people since there is no other material that gives this look. The ageing of Corten Steel changes from time to time and so gives a constant changing look to the art piece.
We provide “Pre-Weathered” Corten Steel for all architectural purposes in Width: 1250mm & all thicknesses.
IRSM 41 Steel: Body panel of Coal Wagons encounter corrosive environment due to presence of sulphur and other carbonoic acid components in coal. Use of corrosion resistance steel to IRSM-41 will face the situation better due to formation of an adherent protective oxide film on the surface if it is left undisturbed.
IRSM 41 steel has following properties-
n Stronger than mild steel
n Easily weldable
n Develops its own protective film against corrosion.
Plates available Ex Stock
1.2mm – Corten Steel / IRSM 41 / S355WJ2N
1.6mm- Corten Steel / IRSM 41 / S355WJ2N
2mm- Corten Steel / IRSM 41 / S355WJ2N
3.15mm- Corten Steel / IRSM 41 / S355WJ2N
4mm- Corten Steel / IRSM 41 / S355WJ2N
4.5mm- Corten Steel / IRSM 41 / S355WJ2N
5mm- Corten Steel / IRSM 41 / S355WJ2N
6mm- Corten Steel / IRSM 41 / S355WJ2N
8mm- Corten Steel / IRSM 41 / S355WJ2N
10mm- Corten Steel / IRSM 41 / S355WJ2N
15mm- Corten Steel / IRSM 41 / S355WJ2N
20mm- Corten Steel / IRSM 41 / S355WJ2N
45mm- Corten Steel / IRSM 41 / S355WJ2N
50mm- Corten Steel / IRSM 41 / S355WJ2N
80mm- Corten Steel / IRSM 41 / S355WJ2N